Well, Isn’t this nice. All these lovely points but NOTHING about the homes they want to destroy! Oops, they do mention the transformation of neighborhoods.
Why are the greenway parks important?
The Greenways will provide economic benefits to the community.
- Greenways help to attract and retain the next-generation workforce.
- Green space is one of the best indicators of an up-and-coming “Next City.”
- Greenways increase private investment and increase property values in neighborhoods close to them.
The Greenways contribute to our community’s health.
- Greenway and trail connectivity will provide health and fitness opportunities to achieve City health goals.
- Creating places to be physically active can improve individual and community health and result in a 25% increase of residents who exercise at least three times per week.
The Greenways change the face of our riverfront.
- Greenways transform the neighborhoods hardest hit by the flood.
- Greenways provide a place our community can gather and celebrate the positive aspects of living in Cedar Rapids.